Word Chums

Feedback

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Turning off noise notifications

How do you turn off noise notifications? There is no place on the game.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Settings Button

It would be GREAT if you put in a "Settings" button so a person could shut off that totally annoying bird chirping sound.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rude players

Players who make rude comments to other players should be banned. This is not a place for social media, anonymous statements that call opponents losers and horrible players.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You may Block a player from starting future games with you or chatting to you. Tap their chum in the game screen and swipe up on the Stats screen to see the “Block” button. You can also block them by tapping their name in your leader board on the main screen. Swipe up on the stats screen to see the block button.

A blocked player will not receive a notice and you will not receive any chats from them and they will not be able to start a game with you via username.

5. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. put a time limit on games.

I have waited days for a player to respond.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PLAY WORD CHUMS ON COMPUTER

I love this game & would like to be able to play it on my computer thru Facebook. Please make it available

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Shorten Wait Time

Please consider dropping game when people haven't played 3-4 days. Six days is just too long to wait. Also, wait time for "friends" should be shortened.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Request game play

I think a game shouldn't be started with a player without their ability to approve or disapprove the request...it is very frustrating when there are far too many started for me to keep up with and I am not able to cancel the game

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Inactive Games

Games that are inactive should fall off in 3-5 days instead of 7-11 days . I like to play multiple games and I shouldn't have to take a loss by removing the game because the opponent won't make a move . Very frustrating !

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The Tapjoy offers can take time to show up. I have put their support info below. You will need to file a support ticket with them and if they don’t respond within a day or so after filing the ticket we can then escalate the issue with them. Ton contact our support use the Feedback and Support and then Contact us option in the game or email to support@peoplefun.com. We are experimenting with these Tapjoy offers but they are frustrating when they are delayed. We have also found that people seem to have the most success with the Tapjoy.com offer. It just takes an email to signup with Tapjoy.com and you can earn hundreds of coins usually for just downloading free apps from the app store and opening them at least once. If you delete them after that its fine.

Tapjoy Info:

Offers in our games are provided by…

16. Please allow all words in the dictionary to be played!

Today, I lost a game because a word DARKY, was not accepted by your game. This word, along with several others are not accepted because you deem them offensive?
    Surely a word in itself is not offensive, only the context in which it used makes it so. Conversely, you seem to allow several other words that are also swear words or vulgar, so how do you determine what is acceptable and what isn't?

Please allow any word that is in the English dictionary to be accepted, and make the game fairer! After all, a word is a word - and…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We look to widely used sources that have the staff to analyze words and issues. The Websters Scrabble dictionary is our first look to see what should be in our out. A link to it is listed below. In general if the word is predominantly used as a slur or other degrading term it will likely be removed.

In regard’s to some specific words:
    Jew is actually considered a proper noun.

I put our full word list info below:

We are not word researchers and try to match the Websters and Collins Scrabble Dictionaries. Both links are below if you want to check words you have seen in Word Chums.

We added the definitions as a bonus feature to provide many definitions for the curious. However there are very few sources we can access easily and legally from the app. Currently our definition source is Wordnik.com but its not connected…

17. Known words that aren't in dictionary

I'm tired of finding that words I've used in other word games and as a professional linguist aren't allowed in this games. Common herb names used in bestselling recipe books (nigella is a herb), exclamations, anglicised words used for centuries. Further, I can't use some words but my opponents can. It's bizarre. We should be able to look up words and suggest them, with proof, mid game.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are not word researchers and try to match the Websters and Collins Scrabble Dictionaries. Both links are below if you want to check words you have seen in Word Chums.

We added the definitions as a bonus feature to provide many definitions for the curious. However there are very few sources we can access easily and legally from the app. Currently our definition source is Wordnik.com but its not connected to the validation list and does not have definitions for every word in the Scrabble lists.

For word validation we try to closely match the Merriam-Webster’s Scrabble and Collin’s Scrabble dictionaries (links below).

The short answer is if you find a valid word played that is not valid at one of the dictionary links below we will remove the word and we will give you 3,000 coins for finding it. You just need to verify it is not in…

18. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have seen an increase in video ads and we are working to limit those daily.

We try to make a reasonable balance. Most of the core features of the game are free to play. It allows free multiplayer games and you earn coins while playing or can do some of the free coins options such as Tapjoy. For less than the price of a sandwich or fancy cup of coffee…The paid version also removes ads, provides bonus coins and does not require tickets for Chumbot games. For people who want to utilize all of the features and customizations in can take extra coins. Creating and running quality games such as Word Chums takes many hundreds of thousands of dollars so at some point we hope it is interesting enough for people to spend money on or do offers. Thanks for playing!

If you would like to upgrade to the…

19. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. quit making it so difficult to earn free coins..

its ridiculous that you have to download other games in order to earn free coins. it's not right.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Word Chums

Feedback and Knowledge Base