Word Chums

Feedback

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The hints are actually pretty easy to beat depending on when you ask for it. The hint is always at least a green point word (The point badge turns green when your word is at least half the max points). However if you have found some words first then the hint word will be for bigger points. The simple thought is the hint points will usually be at least 30-50% better than what you’ve already found. If you have found a word that is 75% of the best word then the hint will be for the best word on the board.

This may be more detail than most want but here is an example of the actual calculation:

The minimum points for the hint word will be halfway between the best word you have placed on the board in your turn and the best word.

Let’s say the best word…

2. 40 game limit

Please lift the forty game limit. Many people don't play for days and the ones that do, some only play once or twice. The least thing, you can't even play a chumbolt. Please at least let us play a chumbolt if we have more than 40 games going. Thanks.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I put details on this below.

The max is active games for your list is 40. Removed games don’t count against the limit unless they come back when the other player plays their turn. Other players can also start games with you even when you are over the limit. However we caution people that we only have the limit at 40 because performance and stability on your device can be a problem if you have too many on the list. So if you remove games to start more games be careful about getting too many games going.

In iOS version:
    Some people do play with 2 chum characters and have one in the Free version of the app and one in the Paid version.

Thanks for playing and spreading the word!

3. put a time limit for players, so frustrating waiting hours and hours for players to take their turn!

have different categories of play e.g an extensive time play, whereas players can take as long as they wish, and a rapid game where players complete game within a specified timescale

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Not getting invites

The invite shows on sender's screen, waiting for my 1st move. I don't see the invite game, so can't play. Same thing visa versa. What's the deal? We are stuck in limbo!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Non participation

When a player doesn't complete a game after say 4 days their opponent should automatically win that game and gain coins for winning.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dictionary

Something desperately needs to be done about the Dictionary used. So many English words not accepted .....SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Missing coins

I had nearly 2000 coins yesterday. Today I have less than 200. I haven't used them and refreshing doesn't help. Neither does playing a game. Help?

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Wait

Waiting for people to move. there should be a time limit before they are automatically booted from the game. more than 3 days is ridiculous!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Delete previous players off score board

Being able to delete previously played users off your weekly score board- people that you don't play anymore

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. i keep trying to buy a coin package

System keeps telling me to add a credit card but the credit card is already on amazon and has money on it but system still won't allow or complete purchase. Should be easier to spend actual money on this game.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. WHERE DO SOME OF THESE WORDS COME FROM...A DIFFERENT PLANET??

HOW ABOUT CHUM BUDDIES COMMING UP WITH LOGICAL WORDS..

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are not word researchers and try to match the Websters and Collins Scrabble Dictionaries. Both links are below if you want to check words you have seen in Word Chums.

We added the definitions as a bonus feature to provide many definitions for the curious. However there are very few sources we can access easily and legally from the app. Currently our definition source is Wordnik.com but its not connected to the validation list.

For word validation we try to closely match the Merriam-Webster’s Scrabble and Collin’s Scrabble dictionaries (links below).

The short answer is if you find a valid word played that is not valid at one of the dictionary links below we will remove the word and we will give you 3,000 coins for finding it. You just need to verify it is not in either of the Scrabble lists before sending it in. There are some…

13. Forced resign

Some of the players that i am playing with hasn't moved for a week. Is there any way that it will forced them to RESIGN or FORFEIT the game if they dont make a move after certain days? It's clogging up the box for the active players that i am playing with. It sucks for us because some of them are intentionally doing it when they are losing.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. what are holds on the game?

In the achievements there is a achiecement for holds what are they?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You will be presented a Rematch option at the end of every game unless:

1. The other player has already selected to rematch…then you will already have another game with them.
    or
    2. If the chose not to rematch already then the option is no longer shown since one player already said no.

16. Forfeit a game if player takes too long to play

I have been waiting 5 days for my opponent to play. There should be some kind of time limit if they take too long or don't come back.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Picture

I would like to use my own picture instead of the chum

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow a player to decline playing without it counting as a loss.

I've been invited to play by unknown players and was already involved in several other games so I declined. Declining to play counted as losses. This is not quite fair. Declining to play a game unsolicited should not incur a penalty.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The player you send the gift to must have the latest update of Word Chums in order to see the gifts. You may need to let them know to head to the App Store and apply the update. The gifts will be in their inventory after the upgrade.

To see inventory you just tap your chum, select inventory, and then tap on items you would like to wear.

Thanks for your support!

20. show how many wins and losses between people you play with alot

I have a few people I play often.I would like to know how many wins or losses I've had against each player.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Word Chums

Feedback and Knowledge Base