Feedback

Should give the option where it notify other player to give up.

So players who don't finishes a ame after say 24 hours can delete and lose point for quitting in the middle of a game, they'll have bad status for quiting or taking to Long to response to a game

279 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Arcadian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just as a comment on this topic…Word Chums is designed to be a “turn based” game that people can play whenever they have time. Some people only sit down and play turns every few days and some like to finish a game in one sitting. Its always good to ask your opponent how they would like to play. Telling them to hurry up usually doesn’t go well.

29 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminPeoplefun (Customer Support Director, or Executive, PeopleFun) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you are experiencing lockups or crashes there are two things to try:
    Try a "soft" reset of your device. Hold down the top button and front button until it powers off (Do not slide to poweroff...let it shut down on its own). Turn it on again and see if anything changes. This reset does not remove or change any data on your device. Its like turning your PC off and on to reset.

If that does not work.... delete your Word Chums app and reinstall it from the app store. You can log back in with your email or Facebook account you used to set up your Chum account. This will make sure the Word Chums data is not corrupted.

If you are still having problems send us a support message at support@peoplefun.com and we will sort it out.

• Butterfly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am currently locked out of the games since I did an update. I am certainly not wanting to forfeit any of my games, most of which I was winning! Perhaps many others have had the same thing happen. I know of 2 others it has happened to. I haven't figured out how to remove the app so I can re-install Word Chums. The instructions simply say to remove the app which isn't exactly helpful without instructions as to how!!!

• Butterfly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As someone who plays 20 or more games at a time, sometimes I can play for hours and other times its just while I'm on hold on the phone. This is for entertainment and for mind challenges. I am not intending to be in a relationship with those I play a game with. If you don't like waiting start more games and you'll always have people responding so you have continuous play options. Have fun with it

• kmartsocca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What can I do about a threat? Player called me a dagger and then told me I am being hacked.

• Celestina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that five days is more than enough time to play a turn. I want to verify something...if a player resigns, does that count as a loss for them and a win for the remaining player? I couldn't find an answer to that.

• haligonian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think after 5 days that's rushing people. Things happen, but maybe they've forgotten about the game. If 5 days isn't long enough, a week is plenty. I've had games hanging on for more than 9 days. This is a little excessive. Anyways, I love this game. Great job to the creators!

• Henry Alice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's just rude to leave a game mid way just because they are losing. There definitely should be a time limit.

• janes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with ArtDog, after five days they should forfeit the game.

• mariechum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that a max of 5 days inactivity in a game should result in it being forfeited and the win assigned to the other player. It is very frustrating and also very obvious that some players who are losing a game just stop playing that one so they keep their stats

• ArtDog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's unfortunate that some people let 4-5 days lapse. I do believe after 5 days they should jave to automatically forfeit the game.

• Stahn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

24 hrs is too soon to force resignation. I've got games that are going on 8 days old now and those should definitely be forfeited by the player who never returned.
    I'm all for a forced forfeit if a player doesn't take their turn by day 5.

• tiki2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remember there are varying time differences all around the globe. I leave for 5xdays and delete any games that have not been played.

• gerbear011 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or a timer per turn. Some players, if i score a little high, will just abandon the game for a few hours to a few days. There should be a pause and that players are made to tell you they will or will not come back for awhile.

• jo1262 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think 3 days is plenty. It's so annoying that I have to resign from a game because the other player has either stopped playing or realised they are losing so stop playing and force me to resign!

• haligonian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, there needs to be a time limit. Three days is more than enough time to make a play. In two player games, after three days, the game should automatically end. The person who most recently played a word should get all remaining points and the game credited as their win. The person who isn't playing should get credited for a forfeited game. In games with more than two players, the turn should skip to the next player. I have a few games that are more than five days old now, and its annoying. Do they stay there indefinitely??

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base