Feedback

Why do expert chumbots get all the good letters?

I am really fed up with being given endless vowels when playing against, in particular, Martin. I have just played a game where Martin was still making five letter words and scoring 54 at the very end whereas I had uuaiokv. It happens regularly and I see I am not the only person to have picked up on it. They met be randomly distributed but it is odd that they are so randomly distributed in the computer's favour!

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bexword shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminPeoplefun (Admin, PeopleFun) responded  · 

All letter draw for Chumbots and all players are 100% random with exception of one case. If a player does a bomb and receives all consonants or all vowels the system will throw those back and redraw again in hopes of a better mix. One of the biggest difference in Chumbot levels is the tougher chumbots can used a much higher % of the word list. So the top chumbots may be evaluating as many as 180,000 words. Some also may play more defensively or not play defensively at all. Martin in particular is unique because he will try to pick weird and uncommon words over common words when he has options.

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • camoorby0412 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once again the free points freeze and will Not down load. I have to keep turning off my iPad and then back on again order to get back to the word chums site. The screen simply goes black and nothing comes up. Please fix this glitch. This happens many times ..... very annoying!

• camoorby0412 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once again the free points freeze and will Not down load. I have to keep turning off my iPad and then back on again order to get back to the word chums site. The screen simply goes black and nothing comes up. Please fix this glitch. This happens many times ..... dry annoying!

• SueMmmm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Martin & the other experts and genius chums get better letters to make sure they play like experts/geniuses.

When you play an easy chum, those chums get cruddy letters to make sure they play easy words. and thus easier to beat.

Without this tilt, all the chums would play the same. If you want to play against an expert chum, getting mostly vowels will happen. I hate it when it happens, but love it when I can still beat chums like Martin.

• LoveAmi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah right...

It’s random. Just play more games and the pendulum will swing back to your favor.

• narosiha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I noticed this also with one chum I play, I just figured they were using the letter bomb option. ?

• tagpeach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Aw think that’s true...no matter what I can’t beat this 1 chum..I get terrible letters

• The Momb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have noticed this as well...at first I thought I was imagining it but then started keeping track.

• Ritas words commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree it seems strange that my letters are soooooo bad against certain players. What's the readon?

Feedback and Knowledge Base