Feedback

give players maximum of 3-4 days to play their turn. waiting on players to play for any longer than this is very frustrating.

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
gmcbhlof shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • LoveAmi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just a suggestion, petsinwater, you may be able to prevent the loss of contacts moving forward by developing a simple habit- at the start of each game, take a screenshot. That way, if snafu’s happen you have a reference to your games and you would be able to restart them when your situation improves.

Also, I believe that by clicking on the ‘Great look’ quick comment in a game that it automatically adds that person to your friends list. You could follow up with a quick friendly comment of your choice. If the player isn’t kind to you, perhaps they’re not worth your time. Sorry about your health. Take care.

• petsinwater commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be a means of notifying if you take sick or something else happens that prevents you from unexpectedly being able to play. I lost a lot of contacts through an unexpected illness.

• LowRider commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the 10-day rule. If you don't want to wait, simply start another game.

• LoveAmi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So the player who only has a little free time maybe on a Saturday can play this game? Way to shut people out.

Smart Match should be matching you with people who play at your pace. The counterproductive thing to do is only playing every few days because that’s what your current opponents are doing. Think about it. Maybe sit down for an hour and play two chumbot games straight through. Then use Quick Play for a few days. Each player has to take their turn before about 24 hours is up. There’s a countdown at the top of the screen. Unfortunately, Quick Play is a mini game, but you might like it. After playing more frequently for at least a week, at good guess, then perhaps Smart Match could start working better for you. This is just my idea that I just now thought up. I am just trying to help.

I don’t know how the developers coded Smart Match and I would be interested to know what the “pace” parameter is based on. There has to be code that monitors and stores the specific information of the frequency of every players’ gameplay, and then turns that into extractible data that is then compared to other players within the moment that we click to start a new game. But the frequency data is based on what exactly? A week’s worth of averages? A month? How close are the matches allowed to be? What takes priority, skill or pace?

A tangential remark to my musings over code is that I like the idea of having Smart Match give me more options. I can pick a chumbot according to skill- why must I be pared with others according to skill, when all I care about is pace of play? I like the idea of separate Smart Match options based on different parameters and I would be willing to wait for a match that actually fits the parameters.

Feedback and Knowledge Base