Feedback

Players that resign should show a loss

When your opponent resigns a game when losing, or just because, it does not reflect as a loss for them and a win for you and it should.

63 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
freedom1 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • mannette18 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I been block everyone who resigns from a game with me. Many do it when the game is right at the end, on many occasions when I have been down to three or four letters. Hate sore losers, and hate my stats being affected.

• mmmmmhuey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After the recent update, I started getting hints and all my ACHIEVEMENTS had been deleted. Help!

• Kean293 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should reflect as a loss. It's maddening. I've started blocking these players.

• miltoniopsis53.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have also played people that use archaic/uncommon words. I enjoy learning new words, and try to store them somewhere in my brain for future use.

• miltoniopsis53.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with misplaced hippie. It is poor sportsmanship to resign a game simply because you think that you will lose. I do not play additional games with anyone that resigns. If someone had a reason and sent me a chat message, I would play with them again.

• The Momb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I disagree... I have resigned two games-both because my opponent has sent me chat notes that were foul and or abusive and frightening. I should not have to take a loss in those instances.

• misplacedhippie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe if you "start" or "accept" a game you should always finish it out to the end. Regardless if your winning or losing. It's being a
    "sore loser" to back out of a game just because you are losing. Besides, how can you expect to learn anything if you don't play people who are better than you are. ✌

• venomouschic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I refuse to play cheaters... and you know that when an opponent has a bunch of words that are ancient dialect, terms for science, and little known musical terms all in one game.. they are cheating. Oh and they just happen to have a 97 percent winning record. They are looking them up on a scrabble cheat site... I will resign that game in a heartbeat. It is they who should take the loss.. but since we can't stop them... I don't give them the satisfaction of completing the game. Resigned and blocked.

• antiquer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! When the opponent has letters and can still able to play and they choose to quit because they are behind it poor sportsmanship!

• Jaguar 61 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with this. I've just had the same opponent resign on me twice for no good reason.. Laughably they said I never quit. Each time game was only a few plays in. I've now removed them. Shocking behaviour.

• pawparent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. If a player leaves a game they effectively forfeit and therefore loss and their opponent wins. This is only fair to the opponent who has invested his/her time. It is also what would happen in Scrabble, which Word Chums is styled after. AND, a forfeit in ANY game gives a loss to the abandoning team and a win to the one abandoned.

Feedback and Knowledge Base