Feedback

Cheaters

Remove constant cheaters with 40-50+ point word AVERAGES! Because that‘s impossible to do on your own and my „games played to end“ keeps going down bc I now refuse games with them from the get go.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
tortuga22 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jojiieme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Meant to say that 700-900 points is total score for the game between three players on a not-too-brilliant but fun day.

Played old-school Scrabble with my brother yesterday, using a real board and tiles. Got 192 points for one word, 145 for another... with three players, we regularly score well over 700-900points.
    How can people say having a 40point average score isn’t possible unless one cheats?? I’m not that adept a player...

• smarief518 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kudos to the people who score 40+ "using only your brain". And it seems that most are in agreement as to anagrams/online cheat apps being outright cheating but there's this division as to whether using hints are or not. I personally feel they are cheating..my opinion. If people tell me they use them or dont even reply when asked, I finish game and block them not playing them again --my choice. And yes I totally agree that just because you score big doesn't mean you cheat..yes, too.. all about spelling, memory and strategy. You can learn alot from others too and you dont have to follow the "status quo" of supposedly playing by the "rules" using hints bc its offered. It's sad that it's become a free for all here but you have a "choice" and in this forum free speech but I dont see any modifications made to give us all an " equal " playing field. And unless we only play a select group of people ,Word Chums gives us no choice but play or resign and take a loss..The game has a smiley face " People Fun" is the developer..Ironic, too bc cheaters keep getting the rewards that really the hard working " brain users truly deserve. No one likes to be deceived, mismatched or cheated on so let's just do our best to have fun?..if we lose we played fair.If we win against a cheater.. well...now that's what I call..ALOT of fun!! ?

• beautifulmyway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, the "hint" feature, only shows placement, not the amount of letters needed or what letters are needed. Still very hard to figure it out.

• beautifulmyway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a large vocabulary...hence why I play WORD games. It is very much about strategy as well. If you know where to place words correctly, you score higher. Some people may cheat, but not everyone that scores high does, thank you very much!! It's quite offensive to even suggest this. If there were a problem with cheaters, don't you think the moderators would be on top of it? Just because you score lower does not mean you should kill it for everyone. Play for YEARS and learn the ins and outs of the game and then see if you still feel this way.

• smarief518 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So other than anagrams or cheat apps. " hints" aren't considered cheating because it's a feature of this game? Does it depend on who you ask? hint users? I'm also curious as to those who score 40 + games that say they score that without cheating but use hints/ bombs. Bombs you make/place your own words, hints are exactly that. hints from a computer and bam...pop in the letters?

• jomami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a ridiculous request IMO. My mother and I both play and she has a high word average. Mine is pretty high. To assume someone is cheating just because they have a high word average says more about you than them.

• miltoniopsis53.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know people with averages that high. I must admit that some people have greater retention of word files in their brains than I do. i think it poor sportsmanship to drop games, because you assume a player must cheat because they score higher than you. when you do this, you deserve to see your games played to end go down.

• lady frost commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a 44 average without "cheating". I do use hints and bombs, but nothing off site. And I'm only around a 50% win rate so 40s isn't that high.

• Michelle4444 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know what the point is. Why would you waste your time by pretending that you're smart?

You boost your score with your XP and accessories, as well as strategies, not just straight letter count. There are hints on how to do this in the rules. Also, talking nicely with other players can help.

Feedback and Knowledge Base