Feedback

Ads can not be closed!

I can not close word chums ads on my iPad and iPhone quite frequently. This is a new issue (the last few weeks) but it is consistent. There is no way to exit out of the ads, so i can’t play the game unless i shut down my device and then it may happen AGAIN after only playing one word! Ah!

54 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MichaelJacksonAlive shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ciganos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Publishers Clearing House ad will not close. Annoying, have to restart after every turn. Sucks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a new tablet and have downloaded the app to continue playing this game, which I love!!! There is a huge problem for me. It takes about 3 to 4 minutes before I can start playing. I had the same problem on my old tablet.

The same happens to me each time it comes up, whcch means far too often. Really annoying to have to reset iPad all the time.
        Do correct this problem!

I found the duration of the ads too long and too frequent. Some you were able to exit. Others unable. I d/l some adblock program, which worked. Then word chums reduced the dimensions of game. I could live with ads, that you were able to exit. Others spoiled the enjoyment of game. There is a similar game called wordbiz for pc which has no ads.

• geoffers59 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

these annoying ads are ruining the whole game experience GRRR FACEBOOK...........
        IT'S ABOUT PROFIT ABOVE ALL ELSE

hate this new ad banner that cant be closed. i cant concentrate and will NEVER buy product

• LexiWacker2xa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

O play one round and abandoned up often before I get my score and I have to back out and close the game and then reopen and it takes an way too long to finish a game.

• jojiieme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That World War 1 ad not only takes a while to load up up, it freezes the time countdown, so you’re stuck with it; it keeps coming back as if it’s the only ad available; and it sucks away your coin stash before it starts to ‘reward’ them back to you. In the past 24 hours I’ve lost over 100 coins to this stupid ad. The only way to avoid it is to close the game when it starts to open.
        This ad does not serve the game developers at all.

• freedomj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too! I play on a Amazon Fire. Happens with EVERY ad except as is a blank screen

• chipep commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the flashing banner ads are extremely annoying...has made my board also smaller...

• Denny334 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having trouble with Black Box Wine ads. Can't close ad out & go back to my games. I have to shut down then start mt tablet again. VERY ANNOYING, I love Chums but am considering giving it up....HELP !!!!!!

• Cherrybobombs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly this game has the potential to be fun but that one ad I always get that doesn't allow me to exit out of it is ruining my experience. I don't mind ads, but it's incredibly annoying when I have to uninstall and reinstall the game just to bypass them. Yes, I could buy the ad-free version, but I don't see why I have to pay money to get rid of the ads when I just want to be able to close this one without hard restarting everything.

• Bruce7384 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I deleted the game from my phone due to the ads. They got to be just way too much and too long.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base