THANK YOU for playing Word Chums! We truly hope you're having a great social experience with you family, and friends, old and new. Many questions have come up about the speed of play.
Waiting on Other Players
- Word Chums is a turn-based "play when you can" game - there's no time limit for someone to make their next play*.
- And the playing style between people varies greatly — for example, it's not uncommon for some folks to only have time to play on weekends. Ultimately, it's always the prerogative of each player to take however much time they need.
- There's no right or wrong way to play. If you find someone has a slower playing style than you, it's best to start new games with other players.
- You can Chat with players and ask them how often they play a turn
Sending "Play now!" and "Play Faster!" chat messages to someone you don't know, even with the best of intentions, more often than not get interpreted as rude. It's one of the biggest complaints we get.
- It's considered polite to finish a game out all the way even if you don't think you can win. Many players enjoy maximizing their stats, and, ending a game a couple of turns early, could keep them from getting a personal record.
- If you can't make a play, just pass — after 3, the game will end.
*We do clean out old games after an extended period of time — 7 or 11 days depending on if it is a random game. Games will be auto resigned by the system and whoevers turn it was receives a loss.