This is an error that some Android users get when installing applications for the first time or when upgrading applications in the Google Play Store. The error can happen with any application downloaded from the Play Store and is not specific to Word Chums. (See confirmation from Google)
Unfortunately, there is not a single fix to resolve this issue, but rather a series of actions that should be tried until the installation succeeds. The following steps could be tried until the problem is resolved:
- Go to Application Manager: Phone Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications. (On newer phones, go to Phone Settings, press More at the top and select Application manager)
- Select Google Play Store Press "Clear data" and "Clear cache"
- Go back to Application manager Select Google Play services Press "Clear data" and "Clear cache"
- Try to install or update Word Chums again from the Play Store
- If that doesn't work Go to Application manager (as in Fix 1)
- Select Google Play Store Press "Uninstall updates"
- Try to install/update Word Chums again from Play Store
- Some users report that removing and re-adding their Google Account fixed the problem
- Go to your Phone Settings, then Accounts, the Google
- Remove your account and re-add it.
- Users updating an existing installation can try the following: Go to Application Manager: Phone Settings as in Fix 1
- Select Word Chums Press "Clear data" and "Clear cache" (You will need to re-login to word chums)
- Try to install Word Chums again from Play Store